Made with a moist lobster patty, premium bacon and dill havarti cheese on a fresh kaiser roll my Bar Harbor Lobster BLT provides an incredible gourmet twist…and taste…the next time you want to really impress at lunch.
Bar Harbor Foods prides themselves in providing the highest quality canned seafoods. They hand sort every mussel, clam and lobster used in their products and subscribe to a strong sustainability culture. The lobster used in this recipe is Certified Maine lobster, supplied to them by one of the most sustainable and carefully managed fisheries in the world. They claim that it’s as close to “fresh off the boat” as you can get without being there and I agree!
- 13 Oz (2 cans) Bar Harbor Premium All Natural Whole Lobster meat, drained (but reserve the yummy broth…use it for a fabulous lobster pasta dish)
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 1 1/2 Cups mashed potatoes, fairly stiff (seasoned with salt & pepper & butter)
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp snipped chives
- 1 tsp snipped dill
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 2 Cups AP flour (salt and pepper)
- 2 Cups fresh panko breadcrumbs (salt and pepper)
- 1 lb quality bacon (12 strips)
- 6 fresh Kaiser rolls, toasted
- Lettuce (I like crunchy Romain)
- 6 slices Boar’s Head Harvarti with Dill cheese
- 1 lemon, zested
- In a bowl combine 1 whisked egg, mashed potatoes, parsley, chives, dill, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Add lobster meat last and stir in gently. You don’t want to break up those beautiful large pieces.
- Form lobster mixture into six patties. (flour your hands to form patties)
- Working with one patty at a time, coat lightly with flour and shake off excess
- Dip quickly into whisked eggs, allowing excess to drip off
- Coat with panko style bread crumbs
- Heat large skillet to medium. Add peanut oil and then the butter.
- Place patties in the pan and cook both sides until golden brown, moving & turning occasionally. Let rest on paper towels for a moment.
- Build your lobster BLT with toasted bun, mayonnaise dusted with lemon zest, lettuce, tomato, lobster patty, cheese, and bacon.
- I like mine cut in half to serve.
OMG that’s good! Enjoy!